There are different tasks of a social media manager, which may depend on job description, goal, budget, expertise and schedule. Social media manager is a relatively new career and due to the proven importance of social media, we will see more and more businesses looking for highly skilled professionals. Social media is complex and managing a presence in this platform can no longer be performed effectively by common marketer and IT professionals. Here are things that you should do to become an effective social media manager:
- Build a Strong Community: Just like in real life, we always see that people in social media gather in groups. So, it is important to make sure that we have a community that revolves around our brand, products and services. If we want to attract a large number of potential clients, it is important to set up a thriving presence in social media. Creating social media accounts on all services is easy to do. Social media management can be combined with blogging, SEO, graphics design, effective content creation, marketing strategies and other elements.
- Find Clients: Even for the most skilled and experienced social media marketers, it can be challenging to find new clients in a highly competitive market. Depending on business operations, products and services, there are different characteristics of ideal potential clients. After identifying them, we need to attract them to gather in our social media pages by distributing great content that is not offered by competing businesses.
- Manage Time Effectively: The social media management team needs to handle multiple social media accounts, like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest and others. This could be very time consuming, especially if we want to have strong presence in all of them. Without good time management, everyone in the team will wander aimlessly with little results.
- Manage Money Efficiently: By being efficient, social media managers can be more competitive. This is especially true for freelance managers who will need to charge their clients. A good thing to do is to know how much the competitors are charging. We need to make sure that our fee is comparable, but we are able to deliver more to clients.
- Learn About Advanced Marketing Skills: Any potential client knows about the difference between good and bad social media presence. Basic marketing methods are often no longer enough and if you want to stand out, it is important to learn more about advanced marketing skills. This may include using specialized social media apps, well optimized of keyword usages, hashtag optimizations and others.
- Do it on Mobile Devices: It’s a good thing that there are official apps for each social media platform. Manager and the rest of the team need to include them in their work procedures, especially when they do it on the go.